Prev: Re: Off Topic: Date Stamp (was: Another fighter question) Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:32:24 +0000
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers) - LONG POST!

>Interesting... Something I'd very much like to know though,
>which wasn't mentioned, are 'real' units for length of a turn,
>and size of an ".
>
>It makes a big difference to the perception of a battle (and
>discussion over possible rules modifications) whether a turn
>is 15 minutes long, or a few seconds.
>

>--
>Be seeing you, 			http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/
>Sam.					----- Roleplaying and Wargaming

Someone on the list (sorry, can't recall who) worked out a while back
that
1000 km per 1", and 20 mins per turn were reasonable approximations.
I've
never done the math to check this, but it does have kind of the right
"feel" to it for our own background; different backgrounds will need
different scales (Star Trek ships never seem to fight until they're
within
spitting distance...), which is why I've never set actual measurements.
Of
course, whatever timeframe you set there will be some things that won't
fit, but hey, it's only a game... :)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Off Topic: Date Stamp (was: Another fighter question) Next: Re: Fighter Balance Issues (LONG)