Prev: Re: Another fighter question Next: Re: Off Topic: Date Stamp (was: Another fighter question)

Re: Another fighter question

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:45:59 -0800
Subject: Re: Another fighter question

Steve Pugh wrote:

> > I was wondering if anyone used fighter squadrons with either more
> > than six fighters or less than six.  It seems to me that the escort
> > carrier in More Thrust would be more effective in an anti-fighter
> > role if it carried interceptors in three squadrons of 4 fighters
> > each than in two squadrons of 6 fighters.  This give you an extra
> > fighter group to manuver and the interceptors in groups of four
> > would have a similar punch to six regular fighters in a dogfight.
>

> The one question that must be answered is: can a smaller grouop of
> fighters force a larger group to engage in a dogfight? If they can
> then why not use groups of one fighter for just that purpose thuse
> keeping attacking fighters away from ships?
>
>	  Steve

To All,
     I agree with Steve on the small squadron concept, it opens the
door to an abuse of the system.
Question) Would a one fighter squadron need to check morale
	    to join a combat?

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Another fighter question Next: Re: Off Topic: Date Stamp (was: Another fighter question)