Prev: Re: The symbol test Next: RE: Superdrone

Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 03:32:01 GMT
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Some FT background stuff (guidelines for writers)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:45:19 -0500, Thomas Barclay
<Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca> wrote:

>Anyway, just some thoughts. We should all try to keep an open mind in
>any of these discussions and be open to the possibility (probability)
>that we have no clue what the future 300 years hence will look like
>(my Grandad born in 1898 was struck with the wonder of 100 years
>change.... cars, computers, radio, TV, ATMs, etc..... imagine what
>another 300 years at current delta rates in technology will do....
>you can't.... neither can I or anyone on the list....with any chance
>of being very close.... so go with it....we're just making guesses
>that we can live with so we can play these games)

To paraphrase Clarke (or was it Asimov?), when a learned professor
says that something is possible, he is almost always right. When he
says that something is impossible, he is almost always wrong.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: Re: The symbol test Next: RE: Superdrone