Prev: Full Thrust Webring Next: FT Decals

Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:00:18 +0000
Subject: Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

> Date: 	 Wed, 11 Feb 1998 21:55:05 -0700
> From: 	 Brian Bell <Brian.Bell@axom.com>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Re: FT Die, Fleet Emblems

> > Decal sheets, any plans. I'd pay real money for such things.
> >
> > This IS something we'd like to do, if we can get a reasonable price
on
> > them. Out of interest, how many other people would like FT decals?
> > (National logos, ship numbers and such)?
> >
> Count me in, as long as they are small enough. Ship numbers and
letters
> should be about 8 point type in a sans-serif font (be sure to choose a
> font with cross bars for I and zero). Please include letters! This
will
> allow us to place ship names on the ships. Please take the effort to
> include some Kra'Vak characters.

8 point could be a little on the large side - I use 4-5 point white
Letraset rub-down markings, these are 2mm high.

One of the problems with waterslide decals (I assume this is the
format that the decals will come in) is that they like to sit on a
relatively smooth surface. Not many of the CMD FT ships have largeish
areas that are smooth enough to take decals successfully. Yes, I
realise that you can use setting solutions / varnish over them
etc, but eventually they'll probably fall off - especially with the
amount of handling a wargames miniature gets.

I don't want to pour cold water on the idea - I'd certainly buy some
if they were available - just pointing out the potential pitfalls.
Tony Francis

Prev: Full Thrust Webring Next: FT Decals