Prev: RE: FTIII Rules Tryout Next: Re: National Characteristics?

Re: The wide open road

From: Nic Robson <nicr@e...>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 21:05:34 +1100
Subject: Re: The wide open road

Apparently Mad Max was filmed in Victoria and around Melbourne
University
my sister in law is apparently on the edge of one shot.

Despite most people's belief we don't all drive (or indeed dress,
although
I seem to be having a bad hair life, never mind day) like the folk on
the
film down here South of the border!

Come and check " the garden state " one day.

Cheers

Nic

  11:06 PM 2/7/98 +1000, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>Jim 'Jiji' Foster wrote:
>
>> I would think the biggest problem with driving to cons down under
would be
>> the traffic on the open highway. I saw a documentary the other night
on TNT
>> that seemed to indicate a great deal of 'offensive driving' by large
>> numbers of people with the *strangest* taste in clothing and
makeup... I
>> mean, mohawks in a convertible? That's no way to promote personal
hygine...

>> But if you can catch it, I reccommend it to anyone interested in
Australian
>> culture and tourism. Had Mel Gibson as the 'man on the scene'
reporter.
>> Can't quite recall the title.... The Road..something or other.
>
>It's "Mad Max" in the original. "The Road Warrior" is the US Title for
>it, and most Australians don't know that title. I belive it was dubbed
>into USA-ian as the Hollywood crowd had problems with Oz Accents.
Wonder
>how they coped with driving on the left?
>
>BTW from the looks of it, it was shot on the Road from Canberra to
Yass.