Prev: Re: Crew Quality & David Weber Next: Re: National Characteristics?

Re: National Characteristics?

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 21:10:59 -0800
Subject: Re: National Characteristics?

ROBERTSON,Brendan wrote:

> We know the OUDF produces some Stargrunt vehicles under licence from
the
> FSE (from Owen's orbat) so they would probably source the basic escort
> hulls from the same source (repeat business).   The few cruiser's the
> OUDF use would likely be custom built at home, predominately as
support
> ships (ADAF & missiles/SMBs would fit this role).  The largest
military
> ship they possess would be a battlecruiser or escort carrier,
> Any comments?
 Owen?

Brendan,

The following is a preconceived idea with no basis in reality,
and not much in sci-fi.

     I take from your statemants that the 'OU' is to a large
extent still a client state of the NAC.  Depending upon how
far flung the 'OUs' assets are would drive the fleet construction
program.   The potential for conflict with one of the larger (FSE,
 ESU) powers would create a large fleet if the 'OU' were completely
independent. (and not otherwise protected by treaty agreements.)
  The supplier of such a fleet would be: NAC, FCT, FSE and possibly
Swedish and/Dutch.

Just a thought.

Bye for now,
John L.

(If I can get some quiet time this week I'll send part two.)

Prev: Re: Crew Quality & David Weber Next: Re: National Characteristics?