Prev: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight Next: Re: MIME mail

MIME mail

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:47:43 -0000
Subject: MIME mail

On Friday, February 06, 1998 2:08 PM, Mike.Elliott@BULL.NET
[SMTP:Mike.Elliott@BULL.NET] wrote:
> _____
> Subject: RE: Worried about GenCon.
> Author:  owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk at INTERNET
> Date:    05/02/1998 23:38
>

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

Which doesn't really help in helping who sent the message know that
they're
doing it and none of the recent "Worried about GenCon" had any obvious
MIME
attachments as such (according to my mail program) the only likely
candidate
was a reply with a formatted original message inclusion from Simon
LeRay-Meyer
(close date and time to that above) which had the offending message in
the
header properties but it looked OK in my MIME aware mail program, so I'd
never
know it was causing a problem.

MIME is a de-facto standard for email communications
so much so that you may not even realise your email program is doing it
which I
think is probably happening in this case. If you're stuck with an email
program, through no fault of your own, and it doesn't do MIME then I
think you
have to live with it under the axiom "good of the many outweigh the good
of the
few"

This doesn't apply to attachments which we all know are EVIL

--
Tim Jones

Prev: Re: Body Armor and equipment weight Next: Re: MIME mail