Prev: RE: National Characteristics? Next: Re: DSII: Artillery

Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 00:04:20 GMT
Subject: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction

On Sun, 01 Feb 1998 08:00:10 -0800, John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>
wrote:

>     The conduct of the conversation sounded very much like meetings
>I have attended at work.   Very realistic!   Flaws help add a bit of
>reality to the work.

Unfortunately, real conversation usually makes for poor literary
dialogue. There's an excellent book (called _Dialog_ by Lewis Turco
and published by Writer's Digest Books) that explains this rather
well.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the link to the story so I can't show
examples of what I mean in relation to it.

Allan Goodall	     agoodall@sympatico.ca

"Once again, the half time score,
 Alien Overlords: 142,000. Scotland: zip."
  - This Hour Has 22 Minutes

Prev: RE: National Characteristics? Next: Re: DSII: Artillery