Prev: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction Next: Re: Unofficial GZG Fiction

RE: National Characteristics?

From: "ROBERTSON,Brendan" <Brendan.ROBERTSON@E...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:02:34 +1100
Subject: RE: National Characteristics?

We know the OUDF produces some Stargrunt vehicles under licence from the
FSE (from Owen's orbat) so they would probably source the basic escort
hulls from the same source (repeat business).	The few cruiser's the
OUDF use would likely be custom built at home, predominately as support
ships (ADAF & missiles/SMBs would fit this role).  The largest military
ship they possess would be a battlecruiser or escort carrier, to use as
a flagship, possible with a single HBS for punch.
Given their penchant for reliability, & that the OU fleet is more geared
towards police actions, the weapon fits would be more like the ESU, to
reduce maintainance & ammunition costs.
I can't wait for the FT:FB to find out how SMBs will work.

Any comments?  Owen?

'Neath Southern Skies
Smeartrek: These are the voyages of the Starship Bubbles.
It's continuing mission, to destroy new worlds,
outbreed alien civilizations
& to boldly go where not even idiot's dare to venture.
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/