Prev: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon Next: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post

Re: FT: Extra Fire Control

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 16:51:16 -0800
Subject: Re: FT: Extra Fire Control

PCARON wrote:
...Snip...(JTL)
>	  I've noticed in our local group that no one ever seems to
> design ships with Extra Fire Control.  Is this something unique to our
> gaming group or is the system to massive to bother with?
>
> Pete

Pete,
     The smallest ship I have designed with an additional FCS
was a mass 18 DD.   This ship was a special design for protecting
against the 'throw away' scout.
     The FCS is a bit to big to just add one every now and then.
Normally used to control the needle or pulse torps on a cruiser
or battleship (or larger).

I guess the bottom line is: It's always nice to have a spare!

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon Next: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post