Prev: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: Re: FT: Extra Fire Control

Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

From: The Caldwells <clcaldwell@p...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 18:38:51 -0600
Subject: Earthforce Sourcebook Question for Jon

Jon,

Just out of curiosity. . .

In the Earthforce sourcebook you went back to the Full Thrust method of
moving fighters rather than the More Thrust method.  It's generally held
(and is even stated in More Thrust) that moving fighters before ships
move
as in MT gives better play balance.

Was the change back to the FT method precisely because fighters in Bab5
seem to be very deadly?  Or were there other reasons?

By the way, the elegance of your vector movement rules and even the
non-vector rules in FT runs Jovian sunspots around that monstrosity
Agents
of Gaming produced.  I'm not saying their game has no merit at all, but
their movement system is ridiculous as is their treatment of fighters.

Now if only we could get you the license to produce the miniatures!
Nick Caldwell
clcaldwell@primary.net

Prev: RE: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: Re: FT: Extra Fire Control