Prev: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: RE: Computer Full Thrust <stay on target>

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Pmj6@a...
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:05:05 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

<<
 > >Two possibilities: some sort of cost multiplier to a standard ADS to
give
 > >it HEL range potentials, or an (expensive) sensor suite attached to
any
HEL
 > >equipped vehichle that would allow using the main gun to target
aircraft/
 > >high-VTOLs.
 >
 > IMHO, the first option would be the only way to go. The second
 > option would change game balance _way_ too much. Imagine a force of
tanks
 > armed exclusively with class 5 anti-aircraft capable HELs. No
aircraft
 > would survive past turn one! In fact, such a weapon would be so
 > deadly that I doubt aircraft would exist on such a battlefield.

 Although that would be perfectly appropriate for some genres.

I agree, but such a rules modification should be part of genre-specific
rules,
not generic core rules.  The first option offers the most elegant
solution.

Mike Jasinski

Prev: Re: SG II House Rules - longish post Next: RE: Computer Full Thrust <stay on target>