Prev: FT: Extra Fire Control Next: RE: Computer Full Thrust

Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

From: Pmj6@a...
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:49:22 EST
Subject: Re: DS2 VTOL vs ADS

<< < Unless I misread the rules, ADS is not a GMS/H, but a direct-fire
weapon,
 and
  ADS fire is resolved *before* the VTOL fire.	It would not be a duel
any
VTOL
  would be very keen to enter into unless it had better ECM than the
ADS.  It
 is
  not for nothing that air defense systems are a high-priority targets
even
  today.  Once your ground units destroy enemy air defenses, your air
units
can
  attack with relative impunity.  That's the essence of combined arms
  operations.

 ADS get unlimited opportunity fire, but the range of ADS is 36 inchs,
the
 range of GMS/H is 48 inchs. The ADS can only has a chance of taking out
the
 missle not the launch platform. A/C in high mode can strike with
immpunity.

I wrote this as a follow-up to my earlier post in which I suggested
extending
the range of ADS to 48 inches against aircraft in high mode.  I still
think
this is the simplest and easiest method of adressing the issue of
aircraft
invulnerability without introducing "wonder weapons" and unbalancing the
game.

Regards,
Mike  Jasinski

Prev: FT: Extra Fire Control Next: RE: Computer Full Thrust