Prev: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!! Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Scratch Build Gorn Ships

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:08:35 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Scratch Build Gorn Ships

Hey gang,

	I constructed a couple Gorn Frigates (Gorns are a race used
in Star Fleet Battles if you're unfamiliar with the name).  The smallest
Gorn models I had were Destroyers but they looked more like Cruisers
compared to the other ship models that I have in my collection so I
thought it would be neat to try and build some frigates from scratch.

	I bought some WOODEN shirt buttons from an art store, glued two
toothpics in the holes, snapped them off and sanded them flush with the
button.  This formed the front saucer section.	I bought a huge bag of
wooden dollhouse shingles (balsa wood).  These were great because I
could
build a wide variety of hulls from them with an Xacto knife.  I cut the
hull out in layers and glued them together.  I used my dremel tool to
sand
the edges smooth.  I used two small pieces of cut balsa shingles glued
the hull to support the warp engines (ok, toothpicks) in place.

	The best part about it was that other players had to be TOLD
that
the ship was scratch built.  Everyone thought it was another model from
the Task Force Games SFB figures.  I got alot of shaking heads and
comments like... "Too much free time".	It made my day.

Pete

Peter Caron
pcaron@cris.com

"There is no nation on earth so dangerous as a nation fully armed, and
bankrupt at home."
			Henry Cabot Lodge

Prev: Re: (Off Topic) THANK GOD FOR GAMER GIRLS!!!!! Next: Re: Age and Complexity