Prev: OK,OK tyhis is how my fleet was made... Next: Re: Age and Complexity

RE: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:24:34 -0800
Subject: RE: Re-scaling question (Stargrunt)

Well 72" (6' 0") divided by 69 is something like 1.04" and 68" (5' 8")
runs just under 1" so 1/69
 is 'height-right' although I also agree that 1/64 would probably work.
The difference is between
a man of 5' 4" and 5' 8" on a 25mm scale is  0.06 or so if using 1/64
and 0.05 if using 1/69. I
based my calculations  but not my memories (which are faulty) on Bill
Armintrout's excellent
THE MINIATURES PAGE  at http://www.eden.com/~tmp/ref/scales.html, which
does indeed
state that scale is traditionally measured from foot to eye. I sit
corrected.

Besides, is this thread getting Anorak-y or is it just me ?

FWIW, I build my bulidings to a scale that aloows ease of figure use
even if the scale is slightly
larger that 'reality'  O gauge bulidings would be a bit big IIRC (my
last Lionel Train Set was in the
early 70's) and would probably be more 1/35 scale than 1/6X scale.

Gene