Prev: FR!, was: Re[2]: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Scratchbuilding Ideas? was Re: Age and Complexity

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:36:33 -0500
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

> >	And I too used to program Macs for  a living.
> >	Now I have to work for the Evil Empire of Gates.
> >	Macs are *much* easier to program..
>
> Yes, but admit it: The EvilEmpire at least gives you something to
> carp about. And (as much as I hate to say it), MS occaisionally gets
> something almost right - when you're that big, you have to (even if
> accidentally) get things right once and a while.

Replying to my own post? It seems some of you are using
EvilEmpire(tm) in conjunction with what I assume is GW in the UK? As
opposed to MS in Seattle? I may have just had a crossed wire here
(well two, since the reply wasn't really meant to go to the list -
Apologies to all for that - this isn't comp.os.anything.advocacy). A
thousand pardons.  Whenever I here Evil Empire....that's the one I'm
thinking of - run (a la Ghengis Khan) by Bill Gates, world's richest
nerd.

This brings to mind the question of which organization had EvilEmpire
attached to it first. I suspect MicroSpunge did, but I'm not sure.

And has anyone heard the old saw "Politics/Economics is merely a
continuation of war by other means" (or something to that effect). If
that is true, then a game simulating the corporate world and hostile
takeovers could be considered (in some lights) a "wargame"...... :)

Thomas.

Prev: FR!, was: Re[2]: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Scratchbuilding Ideas? was Re: Age and Complexity