Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Remembering Metagames' Microgames (was Re: Age and Complexity)

Re: Age and Complexity

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:30:29 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998, Allan Goodall wrote:

> 2) There is a third definition of wargaming: paintball games. I've
> heard a lot of people call paintball games "wargaming" in spite of the
> fact that it simulates virtually no true form of warfare.

Paintball is not wargaming. It is a sport. We're trying very hard to
erase any warlike imagery, but for the general public guns+shooting
at each other equals war. Sigh...

Sorry for the interruption. It's just that after four years at national
championship level, I'm a bit tired of explaining I'm not a
Rambo-wannabe.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Remembering Metagames' Microgames (was Re: Age and Complexity)