Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)

Re: Age and Complexity

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 14:48:37 -0800
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

Alfredo Lorente wrote:

> (Other people might also wonder, so that's why I'm responding to the
> list - If anybody disagrees with my opinions, and wants to talk about
> them, let's take it out of the list, since this message is already
> verging on unrelated to the topic/mission of the list...)

...Snip...(JTL)
> > I gotta ask: what makes you think GZG is not real wargaming? Not
> > trying to be antagonistic, just curious.
>
> Well, for once, it isn't historical.	Notice I referred to it as
> WARgaming.   Tho', to be honest, if the miniature game isn't of a
> historical battle, I can't refer to it as wargaming either.

...Snap!!!..(JTL)

> Again, anything else on this topic should be mailed privately to me.
>
> Alfredo

Alfredo,
     There is no such thing as historical gaming!   If one did
historical gaming one would know the outcome of the battle
because it is historical and cannot be changed.   Historical
gaming would have no following because everything is pre-
determined and presents no challenge or enjoyment for the
persons participating. (Please note that 'Ancients' portrays
itself as historical, but when did the Aztec Empire fight the
Romans, or perhaps the Crusaders against Japan, Ect..

No offence intended, just a point of view.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Some FT rules ideas(Longish)