Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity

Re: EFSB

From: "Scott B. Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:29:19 -0800
Subject: Re: EFSB

(snip)
>>3) The quality of the miniature leaves much to be desired. In addition
>>miniatures are coming to market at a snails pace. (This is not to say
>>won't be using B5W minis with EFSB when I can actually get some.)
>
>Hmm. What, specifically about the quality turns you off? I also was
>planning on getting some (once the glacier finally oozes into my local
game
>shop) and putting them on FT bases. Are they as bad as the Star Blazers
>minis that I've seen about?

----
---
>Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

I understand the the quality will improve once the new minis come out.
But
the ones currently in my local shop are all made by Bad Dog. I raise
dogs,
and it looks like one of mine chewed on the minis before they went into
the
pack. Flash is a way of life with these minis. They have poor detail and
bad case of mold marks. The hole for the stand is about 3 times to big
around and not very deep. You have no choice but to glue the minis to
the
stands. Back when I used to play STFB (18 years ago), at least the minis
fit
on the bloody stands.

Scott

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: Age and Complexity