Prev: Re: Game Show at Newark (UK) Next: Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's

Re: Age and Complexity

From: "Alfredo Lorente" <alfredo@e...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:02:24 +0000
Subject: Re: Age and Complexity

I'm getting really curious as to what most of the people in this list
does for gaming - other than GZG, of course...

ME:  26 (27 in April), Married, and no children.  I haven't played
any GZG games yet, but I'm doing a fair bit of actual wargaming - the
real thing.  I'm doing (face to face) The Longest Day (Avalon Hill),
(PBeM) Napoleon and East Front (both by Columbia Games).  I'm trying
to get a campaign of Afrika (The Gamers) going, and I kinda want to
start doing Tunisia (The Gamers) solo or FtF, so that I can tackle
Enemy at the Gates or DAK later on...

I still do some RPG's semi regularly, my favorite being Harnmaster,
but playing whatever is available.  And miniatures, well, none yet.
My first experience will be at Con of the North
( http://www.real-time.com/~cotn/ ), but I'm even using green army
men and some toys (Robotech/Exo-squad Combat Walkers, Micro Machines
medium-sized Starship Troopers ships, and some European models for
the French AMX-10P APC...).

Am I the exception?  Should I get a couple kids to better match the
average GZG gamer profile?

Alfredo
Alfredo Lorente 		  "End This." -- Delenn
Minneapolis, MN 		Lines of Communication
alfredo@bitstream.net	      Babylon 5

Prev: Re: Game Show at Newark (UK) Next: Re: Sa'Vasku ship diagram GIF's