Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: EFSB

Re: EFSB

From: jfoster@k... (Jim 'Jiji' Foster)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:24:55 -0600
Subject: Re: EFSB

At 08:16 1/21/98, Scott B. Jaqua wrote:
>2) If you like Star Fleet Battles, you will like the detail level in
B5W.
>Other wise, a ships systems diagram for each fighter, is a little much.

Ack! :P I think I'll avoid it on that basis alone... that's one of the
reasons I like FT so much. It's a game I can play, and more importantly,
teach to just about anyone in a matter of minutes.

>3) The quality of the miniature leaves much to be desired. In addition
>miniatures are coming to market at a snails pace. (This is not to say I
>won't be using B5W minis with EFSB when I can actually get some.)

Hmm. What, specifically about the quality turns you off? I also was
planning on getting some (once the glacier finally oozes into my local
game
shop) and putting them on FT bases. Are they as bad as the Star Blazers
minis that I've seen about?

------
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK / TIP #28

"That's the way we all begin," said Tom Platt. "The boys they make
believe
all the time till they've cheated 'emselves into bein' men, an' so till
they die--pretendin' and pretendin'."
    Rudyard Kipling, _Captains Courageous_

Prev: Re: Age and Complexity Next: Re: EFSB