Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: Dragon Twins - New Kyoto Blockade

Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 00:37:13 GMT
Subject: Re: UFTWWWP Update: 1-17-98

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:39:07 -0600, "Ahh... Arrogance and stupidity
all in the same package. How efficient." <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

>>     You're back again to the American 'Traveler' spelling.
>
>	ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
>
>	Every time once in a while I get an E-Mail from someone who
tells me
>that the title to this game is T-R-A-V-E-L-L-E-R.  After I change it, I
>get an e-mail telling me that it spelled T-R-A-V-E-L-E-R.  MAKE UP YOUR
>MINDS!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm dating myself, but the original box (plus all the old
supplements I've held onto for nostalgia sake) spell it "Traveller". I
remember reading a review where an American mentioned the "spelling
mistake" and being perplexed. "'Traveller?' What spelling mistake?"

The word "traveller" is spelled with two "l"s in the UK (and Canada)
and with one "l" in the US. However, as it is a title, it has to be
spelled "Traveller" regardless of the country.

Funny enough (and completely off topic), Microsoft Word's spell
checker says that "traveller" is spelled incorrectly even though I
have it set for Canadian spelling. Canadian spelling is a weird mix of
US and UK spelling. Example:

UK: tyre, centre, programme, organisation, magasine
US: tire, center, program, organization, magazine
Canadian: tire, centre, programme, organization, magazine

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: Dragon Twins - New Kyoto Blockade