Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS!

Re: Bad news Re: DS2 Infantry

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:35:22 +0000
Subject: Re: Bad news Re: DS2 Infantry

>The bad news for those of us in the US is that the DS2 infantry Jon T.
(GZG)
>announced won't be available until April or beyond.  The following is
>KR@geohex 's response to my query on the subject.
>
>Mike
>wenmess@aol.com

[snip]

>I announce March releases this week, so will have to schedule for
>April and beyond.  I have to give distributors time to solicite
>their stores - much more time consuming than releasing new product in
>the UK!!
>
>KR

Sorry 'bout this, guys; as KR says, it is a problem with the very
different
market structure between the US and UK. When we get a figure from the
sculptor, we bang it into a mould and hey, it's "available" (ie: we are
getting saleable castings) within a day! Even when KR gets the stuff
from
us (and I have to admit we've been slow on this recently, which hasn't
helped) he has to go through the whole process with the distributors,
who
work months ahead. But at least you get to buy the stuff off the shelf
in
your store, in nice coloured blister packs......

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS! Next: Re: HELP NEEDED FROM OVERSEAS LIST MEMBERS!