Prev: Starfire semi-plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: Re: Naval Intelligence

Another Starfire plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:05:22 +0100
Subject: Another Starfire plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust

> > It'd [Imperial Starfire] be great if you didn't need "Intel inside"
stamped on your forehead
> > in order to keep track of all the record-keeping necessary.  "Very
> > sophisticated" is an understatement.  That and the fact that the
system
> > generation is highly impractical and results in the most messed-up
maps
> > you can imagine. . .  I suppose you don't have to use that part of
the
> > game: just make up a predetermined setting.

[snip]

> Yaa!	Headache! Headache!  But I like the game tho...  On several
> occasions I have tried to come up with "adjustments" to reduce the
> paperwork.  Nothing seems satisfactory tho...

If you have a PC you can try using the Starfire Assistant for handling
the
paperwork. It is currently freeware (and under development, so there are
new patches with new features rather often). You can download it from
the
SDS homepage at http://cd.murr.missouri.edu/sds/SF-ftp.html.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Starfire semi-plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: Re: Naval Intelligence