Prev: Full Thrust/Traveller Conversion Next: Another Starfire plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust

Starfire semi-plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 23:55:14 +0100
Subject: Starfire semi-plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust

Donald wrote:

> > > Every planet conquered, will have to be guarded.	Such worlds
would
> > > produce less than they would free...
> >
> > Imperial Starfire (from Task Force Games) has a very sophisticated
set
> > of campaign rules and a nifty abstract system for dealing with
planetary
> > invasions and occupations.	Those who have access might want to
check
it
> > out.

FWIW, the largest complaint on the Starfire mailing list these last six
months or so has been the lousy planetary combat rules :-/

> Ahh yess!  I have both of the previous versions, but not the current
> one.	Seemed a bit more than my wallet was prepaired to pay.	Even the
> "New Empires" (second version) has lots of info.

The current one consists of ISF (published by TFG in 1993) and a LOT of
amendments in Sky Marshal #2 (published by the SDS in 1997). Most of the
amendments are about simplifying the bookkeeping (...and reducing the
income...); the rest are about NPRs (making them rather unpredictable,
but
it adds complexity).

We (the SDS) will eventually publish an integrated edition, but... well,
we
have to do the integration first, and then we have to playtest it
(...something ISF lacked - the only group whose opinions were taken into
account before the publishing was Weber's and White's own. Had TFG
waited
another six months or so, they could have removed quite a lot of bugs
from
it :-( ). It'll take us quite a lot of time, I'm afraid.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Full Thrust/Traveller Conversion Next: Another Starfire plug, was Re: Strategic Full Thrust