Prev: Re:Lost scenerio Next: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII)

Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins

From: TEHughes <TEHughes@a...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:38:35 EST
Subject: Re: FT Scenario - Dragon Twins

<< I like the justification for the scenario.  It's plausible and
provides
 a good excuse for a meeting engagement.

 A couple of commnets, though.	Where are a bunch of outer colony worlds
 going to get hold of a specialized battle platform like a wave cruiser?

 I can't see any of the major powers letting one go without disarming
it,
 and even if they did find one somewhere, how would they get the
 expertise to maintain it?

real simple --

In the Civil War, the southerern sympathesizers were the buereaucrats
who the
sent major amounts of military supplies south untill the war actually
started
(stories are that it didn't stop until well after the war started.) A
few good
men & women in the personnel and supply branches would let you start out
remarkable well armed and staffed - at least for the first engagement or
so!

Tom Hughes

Prev: Re:Lost scenerio Next: SGII - Freefall bombs (was DSII)