Prev: Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: RE: Lost SG2 Fiction

Re: DSII - Freefall bombs

From: Tony Christney <acc@u...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:10:44 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII - Freefall bombs

>Does anyone know what the effect of freefall bombs in dirtside is?
I've
>looked through the whole book & couldn't find which effect to use.  It
>only seems to list the artillery barrages.

As a few people have posted, these are DFOs. I use them quite regularly.
When you design an aerospace vehicle, allow 4 cap. for each DFO you
want.
On a single attack, you may drop as many DFO pods as you want of either
type at a single point. Area of effect is 2". Draw two(?) chits for each
DFO
dropped. An important distinction between DFOs and artillery is that all
the DFOs count as a single attack, ie. 3 DFOs cause 6 chits to be drawn
at once. With artillery you would make 3 draws of 2(3?) chits. This, IMO
makes
DFOs more effective for taking out important targets, and artillery more
important for suppression/harassment.

>'Neath Southern Skies
>Ortillery, rich man's artillery.

Cheers,
	Tony.

Prev: Re: Strategic Full Thrust Next: RE: Lost SG2 Fiction