Prev: Re: New to the list Next: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs

Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:38:11 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: Robotech for Full Thrust

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Jim 'Jiji' Foster wrote:

> A guy at my gaming store back home wrote up mecha rules for FT. I
don't
> have them ready at hand, but as I recall mecha just turned into a
different
> fighter type... nothing to really distinguish them in combat.
>
> IMO, something as small as mecha wouldn't really make a difference at
the
> large scale covered by FT. Possibly the Destroids could be counted as
lots
> of little PDAFs (or C batteries if one was being generous.)

Actually the mecha played a significant role, especially if you check
out
the original Japanese series and Movie.  In the movie, Valkries armed
with
with the proton torpedoes - 4-6 per mecha with a single mecha able to
disable a Zentradei Destroyer.	Multiply this by the hundred or so
Valkries on board that that in itself is significant.  The Mac-II's were
armed with 40cm cannon capable of disabling a destroyer or damaging a
cruiser with a single salvo.  Multiply this by the 30 carried on the
Macross times however many salvoes they got off.  Then add the missiles,
rail guns and lasers, not counting the main gun and the SDF-1 could put
out serious punishment.

Stats for these would be something like a fighter squadron equipped with
pulse torpedoes - 4-6 per fighter.  MAC II's would have 4 C batts per
mecha and the SDF would have 10-12 octuple and deca missile launchers
with
a couple of reloads each, 4 or 8 class 3 railguns, Dozens of B batts and
4
or 8 A batts, A nova cannon and a reflex shield as well as the three
point
defense shields.

In a pinch I figure the SDF-1 could take out 30-40 Zentraedi cruisers
and
if you got lucky with the the Nova cannon maybe 100.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: New to the list Next: RE: DSII - Freefall bombs