Prev: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets Next: Re: WSGS Tournament.

Wicked Chortle Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:56:05 -0600
Subject: Wicked Chortle Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets

Of course, those of us who were three years ago at GenCon, and picked up
such boxes for $2 apiece($1 for the smaller blisters) are having a
chuckle.
Strange, though I haven't actually put any together, I was tempted to
buy
one or two at the higher price just offered. VERY interesting designs!

For those unfamiliar, Star Frontiers was one of T$R's attempts at a
space
RPG. The Sathar were basically an evil Earthworm Jim's, annelids with
arms
and legs, while the Federation was made up of 4 main species.

In my opinion, the fed ships have a Victorian/Space look to them, planes
and angles and rivets (check out the Caverite space ship in From Earth
the Moon), while the worms' ships hark back to the Golden Age of sci-fi,
curves and bulges.

While I have many a time kicked myself for having bought something, I
definitely am kicking myself for not having bought MORE at the close
out!

Oh, concerning F-t-F, I'm not certain whether to be grateful or not for
those admissions of few-to-none 'real' experience. I have played more
than
a couple of games, though I was ashamed to speak amongst those I assumed
who gamed weekly, or even DAILY. I would feel more secure, but...

The quality of the analysis by those who've only read, or played a
handful
of times, has taken my breath away. I am also known more as a collector
than a player, and started a small list of 'obscure' sci-fi games on my
website on GeoCities, but I fear I have only shown myself out of my
depth.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Old Sathar (Star Frontiers) box sets Next: Re: WSGS Tournament.