Prev: Face to Face FT Next: Re: Another Version of Cloaking

Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

From: "Scott B. Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:59:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Cloaking, an alternate system

>> Hey, in David Weber's Honor Harrington series, one of the things
>> they use their ECM suites for is to stealth emissions.

>Which book was that? I remember ships maskerading as smaller units (eg
the
>Grayson SDs in "Flag in Exile") by using their ECM and hiding behind
the
>wedges of other ships, and I remember silent running (eg in "Short
>Victorious War"), but I'm not sure where they use their ECM suites to
run
>silent...
>
>Of course, the 3rd generation ECM system in Starfire has, among other
>things, a cloaking ability, so Weber is obviously capable of combining
the
>two things into one gadget! :-)
>
>Later,
>
>Oerjan Ohlson

Oerjan

    I think he is confusing Webers Honor books with Webers "On Death
Ground". In that book, the 1st contact ships had an ECM suite that
produced
a "Stealth Field", Weber didn't use the term "Cloak". I think Weber was
distancing himself from anything ST.

Scott

Prev: Face to Face FT Next: Re: Another Version of Cloaking