Prev: SV: 3 arc cost Next: SV: Tenders and stuff

SV: Earth Force Source Book Review

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 00:19:49 +0100
Subject: SV: Earth Force Source Book Review

Stuart wrote:

> >    One question I had reading it is does the reroll of a '6' only
occur
> >on '6's on the first roll or if another '6' is rolled is it counted
as 2
> >and rolled yet again?
>
> I'd interpreted it as every time you roll a six, however, these
results
can
> be quite spectacular.  I was playing last night, I fired a 4 die  beam
> volley at a hyperion (-3 penalty), rolled a 3,5,6,6, re-rolled got 6,5
then
> a 2.

However, the _average_ damage - including these spectacular long runs of
sixes - when re-rolling all sixes is only 20% higher than without the
re-rolls. It doesn't feel that little when you're hit by such a salvo,
though ;-)

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: SV: 3 arc cost Next: SV: Tenders and stuff