Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: Epic to Dirtside

Re: Earth Force Source Book

From: "I hate the jungle. I hate the thorns, and the bugs, and all the unknown scary things" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:05:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Earth Force Source Book

David,

>    Well December is proving to be an interesting month, we finally
>get to see the long-awaited Earth Force book finally out on the shelf.
>  And there is alot of interesting information regarding Earth Force
>and some of the ship.	Like the Hyperion Heavy Cruiser it carries two
>figther squadrons, no jump drive.
>And the Narn heavy cruiser 4 fighter squadrons, energy mine launcher.
>

>    Some of these are ships from Babylon 5 Wars and have been
>designed differentely for a variant of
>Full Thrust rules.
>
>     Can someone shed some light on this please?

Well, this has been discussed a buncha times already; did you miss the
posts? I don't know how up-to-date Jerry Han's archiving of the FT posts
are, but you might check there for details.

Basically Jon T came out and said they tried to design as they saw and
interpreted the show, AOG did the same. Both system/game/ship designs
were submitted to WB for canonical approval, and both were accepted.
So, you take it for what it's worth. My, personally I think the
Hyperions
have jumpdrives. Just because we haven't seen them use them doesn't mean
they don't.  *shrug*

As for fighter squadrons, well...I think they carry one, but what do I
know?

Mk
-
Sarah: "Is this the point where I say, 'why in the heck am I doing
this'?"

Indy: "And this is the point where I say, 'belay's on'."

Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: Epic to Dirtside