Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: 3 arc cost

Re: Fleet Spacing

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:53:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Spacing

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Brian Bell wrote:

> This is why many fleets carry ships with Wave Guns.
>
> There are 2 area effect weapons in FT/MT:
>
> Spinal Mount Nova Cannon: This is weapon generally has too many
disadvantages
> to be taken seriously. It was included in the rules (by Jon's own
admission)
> as an inside joke.
>
> Wave Gun: This is a toned-down version of the SMNC. It is heavy and
expensive.
> But if used correctly, it is a good weapon to supplment a more
conventional
> fleet. Excelet for missile defence if the missiles are launched from
more than
> 1 turn's movmemnt away.

In our local group's campaign game, we've found the Nova Cannon as an
excellent "seige" weapon against military outposts.  Against moving
starships we've found that it's best used to "herd" their movement.
Sometimes we get lucky and actually hit moving targets but it's rare
in our group.

Pete

Prev: Re: Fleet Spacing Next: Re: 3 arc cost