Prev: Playtesting notes: Next: Archs of Fire

Re: ES - Review wanted

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 15:10:21 +0000
Subject: Re: ES - Review wanted

>Is anyone in possession, going to be posting an objective review of the
>Earthforce Sourcebook (ES) FT rules for B5?
Hmm.. How objective is objective? A lot of B5 fans have a very specific
way
they expect the 'game' to behave. When it doesn't (for whatever reason)
is
that a bad game, or a lack of objectivity? But someone who *isn't* a fan
of
B5 is hardly likely to buy it now are they?

>Is it any better than the unofficial FT B5's out there?
See above - it might be closer to a particular interpretation, but
that's
all I suppose you could say if it was faster, easier to play etc..

>>Does it cover the Shadows and Old Ones?
I don't think so - isn't the B5 RPG set series one, before the Shadows
showed their proverbial faces? Besides which, any battle between the
young
races and the shadows/vorlon (bar MAYBE the Minbari or the White Star
fleet) is going to be ugly, brutish and short. Just ask the Narn..

			TTFN
					Jon

Prev: Playtesting notes: Next: Archs of Fire