Prev: Re: Adam Delafield ship design Next: Dual Wave Gun Ship

Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:29:51 +0000
Subject: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

[snip]
>     Just for the record, nova, wave, and reflex shields are not
>currently used around this neck of the woods, too much of the
>cartoon involved.   Nova and wave are capital ship only weapons.
>
>I do enjoy the discussions.
>
>Bye for now,
>John L.

Just for the record, when they were written some of the systems
(especially
those in MT) were actually intended for quite specific types of
background,
rather than as general-use items for all games. It is our fault that
this
was not explained very clearly.
Wave Guns were intended for Anime style games (especially Yamato
battles),
Cloaks and Reflex shields for the sillier end of Trek-type backgrounds,
and
the Nova Gun was really a bit of an in-joke all along..... (it was
originally to be called the Futtock Gun*, and on a roll of 6 the crew
were
too busy laughing to actually fire the thing...)

* Futtock is a corruption of Foot Oak, the keel timber of a woodenwall;
GW
used the "keel gun" in Space Fleet, so we had the Futtock Gun.......

Of course, there is nothing to stop anyone using all the systems in
every
game if they want to, but just bear in mind that this wasn't what we
originally intended. We'll try and be clearer about it in the FTFB and
FTIII.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Adam Delafield ship design Next: Dual Wave Gun Ship