Prev: Errrr... How many fire cons on they Hyperion? Next: Re: EF Sourcebook watch: DAY TWO

Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

From: Brian <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 13:54:45 -0800
Subject: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

> A long discussion of marine boarding ships...
>
> Long Range Drop Shuttle (LoRDS)
> Military Shuttle 2 * 1.5 * Mass   Streamlined
> Q-Ship Base	 1.5 * 1.5 * Mass
> non-FTL
> Thrust 8	    2 * Mass
>
> FCS
> DCM
>  .1 * Mass Cloaking System, 2* Mass
>
> At 50 CS per Cargo Mass a 10 Mass Long Range Drop Shuttle
> can deliver 325 CS of troops to the surface for
> 70 points (Military Version) or 63 points (Q-ship Version)

I would think that such a ship would be hard pressed to avoid my
planetary missile system. I I place an equivilent point cost of
missiles on the planet that would give me 11 missiles to fire at
your ship. If the planet is represented by a 6" radius planet, gives
an orbit of 6" above the planets surface, that means that any ship
in orbit will automatically be in range of my missile launched from
the planet. Goodby landing craft.

--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

Prev: Errrr... How many fire cons on they Hyperion? Next: Re: EF Sourcebook watch: DAY TWO