Prev: EF Sourcebook FT questions Next: Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts

Re: EF Sourcebook and Interceptors.

From: Roger Gerrish <Roger.Gerrish@b...>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 13:42:58 +0000
Subject: Re: EF Sourcebook and Interceptors.

I didn't know Jay Leno's chin had such magical powers. wrote:

> Hello All:
>	  After reading part of the ship combat rules from the EF
> Sourebook at my
> local game store, I discovered a slight technical error.  Arrording to
>
> George Johnson and JMS, EA interceptors have the ability to protect
> against energy beam weapons.	Besides shooting down incoming pulse
> cannon bolts, they project an energy dampening field that weakens
> lasers
> and particle beam weapons.  (PSB level high.)  Jon's rules don't
> account
> for this field in his rules.
>	  That's OK!  It can be easily fixed.  For each active
> interceptor set
> for defense, subject 1 from each each beam weapon dice rolled.
> Problem
> solved.

Personally I would love to dump the energy web concept, it was just a
naff statement to cover and sfx screwup.I actually think that the Pulse
cannon armament of the Pollux in Face of the Enemy was a much more
reasonable rear armament for the Omegas, still it appears to be canon
now (no pun intended)....AOG use it sooooo.....

Regards......

Prev: EF Sourcebook FT questions Next: Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts