Prev: Re: Getting angry... Next: New UFTWWWP ideas.

Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 01:34:57 GMT
Subject: Re: SV: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 00:49:14 +0100, "Oerjan Ohlson"
<oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com> wrote:

>Um... if you can identify the ship and class names, you probably know
>pretty well what armament the ship has :-/

Only if you are using a a class of ship that you've used in previous
games or one from the upcoming Fleet Book. I mean, most people have no
idea what my Tsarist Borodino class ships have. In a campaign game
this would be a major asset just knowing the ship's name, assuming
that the ship and/or class had been encountered before. I think that's
the point, though.

>I don'¨t use needle missiles. I refuse to believe that a missile can
mount
>powerful enough scanners for such precision targetting...

>Hm... how can you aim for fire cons etc that are basically internal
>electronics? Hitting them accidentally, yes, but aiming for them
>specifically?

I assume that fire cons, since they have a targetting component, has
some sort of sensor array that is vulnerable.

"Unlike serial killer profiling, writing is a lonely and
depressing profession." - Jose Chung, Millenium

Prev: Re: Getting angry... Next: New UFTWWWP ideas.