Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: RE: cm scale

Re: Skytrex Starguard range

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:15:31 +0000
Subject: Re: Skytrex Starguard range

>Skytrex's adverts now show that they have remastered their space ship
>range, but I haven't seen any samples, there werent't any at Reading
>last weekend. Ant body had any experience?
>--
>Paul Baldwin
>Evesham, England
>
>"A plan so cunning that you could pin a tail on it and call it a
>weasel!"

According to the Skytrex guys at Warfare, they have just remoulded the
ships without any changes, and will be doing them mailorder only (not
bringing them to shows). The original range had several nice ships and a
number of not-so-nice ones (very varied design styles, even within each
"fleet"); the Imperial Dreadnought, minus its weapon turrets, makes a
good
big freighter (as illustrated in MT!), and the Imperial "Scout" is also
nice design, though more the size of an FT destroyer or light cruiser!
The Rim Raider ships are OK (made up largely from 1/1200 modern warship
bits!!), but try to get a few samples (or photos) of the whole range
before
committing to a big fleet...

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: RE: cm scale