Prev: Re: cm scale Next: FT PBeM: Vanguard Cruise

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 21:35:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

If they are mass 2 they should be covered by the standard rules
(couriers).
Afterall, a Corvette is only mass 6 and would not hold everything you
mentioned.

I would counter-propose the following:
Gunboat Mk 2
Mass:	6 (3 boats and bay)
Cost:  18
Speed: 10

Gunboats have 3 ships per squadron. They carry a mini-pulse torpedo.
This
hits on 4+ and does 1d6/2 (round up) damage (ignore screens). Gunboats
are
destroyed by 2 points of *daf damage or 1 point of damage from a C beam
(no
penalty to hit). Gunboats engage fighters and missiles as attack
fighters.
Gunboats follow normal fighter endurance and morale rules.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Message text written by INTERNET:FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

"> > New system: Gunboat
> > Mass: 2 per Gunboat
> > Cost: 15 per gunboat
> > Speed:10"
>  >snip<
> > Thoughts? Opinions?
>
>  Interesting, but how are they attacked? 2 hits by fighters or *DAFs
needed
>  to kill one?  Can A and B batts target them and kill one when a 6 is
>  rolled?

Good ideas! i was actually thinking of them as being about like a
heavy fighter (greater ruggedness but lesser maneuverability kind of
cancelling each other out.) I like the idea of bigger beam mounts
engaging them in desperation and hitting on a 6..."

Prev: Re: cm scale Next: FT PBeM: Vanguard Cruise