Prev: Re: Bugs, Lt. Rico, millions of them!! Next: Infantry Dirtside

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:30:13 -0800
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Mike Wikan wrote:

> New system: Gunboat
> Mass: 2 per Gunboat
> Cost: 15 per gunboat
> Speed:10"

...Snip...(JTL)

> Thoughts? Opinions?
> Mike Wikan
> Game Design\Conceptual Art
> n-Space, Inc.
> A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software
>
> "Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

1) TO MANY WEAPONS PER MASS!
2) To cheap.
3) Would drastically alter the game balence. (consider if you will,
   facing 25 of these while sitting in the slightly better than
   average battledreadnaught.	Not a pretty picture is it!)
4) Humans have a limit of thrust 8.  (Presumes Speed=Thrust)
   (Presumes 1 thrust = 1 G)
5) The main weapon is just too ugly and to small.

By for now,
John L.
(Sorry all, I have just noticed that polite is not my thing tonight.)

Prev: Re: Bugs, Lt. Rico, millions of them!! Next: Infantry Dirtside