Prev: Thanks everyone! Next: Turn two orders.

Turn 1 orders

From: Calvin Li <ccli@g...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 21:27:42 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Turn 1 orders

Let's call my empire "Cr'Gath P'Tui"
Can I Squeeze on alternating months and never feel the effects?  If so,
squeeze, and bank the extra money.  If not, I'll do bread and circuses
and
bank the extra money.

***Fleet Orders
Expeditionary Force 1
	SC1: go to (10,0) Posture: Evade

Expeditionary Force 2
	SC2: go to (20,10) Posture: Evade

Starfleet 1:
	FF1: train
	FF2: train
	DD1: refit: M:+2 (A:3 D:3 E:3 M:8)  cost: 6
	DD2: refit: M:+2 (A:3 D:3 E:3 M:8)  cost: 6
	CL1: refit: M:+2 (A:4 D:3 E:4 M:8)  cost: 8
	CA1: refit: M:+2 (A:5 D:5 E:5 M:8)  cost 10
Total Cost: 30
I'll pay the extra money to have these ships re-launched next week. (45)

Expansionary fleet
	CN1: go to (15,5) orders to build a new colony.

Graded Officers:
What's the difference between Mediocre and Trained?
Anyways,
Mediocre Admiral B'Leck  - assign to Expeditionary Force 1
Mediocre Admiral Arghh - assign to Expeditionary Force 2
Veteran Admiral K'Thunk - Assign to Starfleet 1
Trained General K'Boom - Assign to Planet Cr'Gath Garrison

Spend nothing on research, unless the research pact with Piotr goes
through...  In which case, I'll probably have to recalculate some
stuff...

I'm also questioning the maintenance cost of something that is built as
cutting edge technology.  Does it make sense to keep the 1.5 multiplier
for
maintenance purposes, or should it just be normal?  I would agree that
repair costs should be multiplied, but not maintenance.  And the
multiplier
should automatically disappear once the next tech level is acheived.

Do Anti-fighter defenses affect the other squadrons in the same task
force?

Now, if I've got this straight, here is a new design class:

Class: Zingers
Range: 24
Movement: 9 (yes building at TL5)
Attack: 2
Defense: 0
Endurance: 2
Special: Bombers(1)
Cost: 12 + 18 + 10 + 0 + 4 + 20 = 65 * 1.5 =  97.5 = 98
Order 2 to be built asap - that means in 2 weeks, right?
So, this week, I spend 98, and next week, I spend 98, and get two
squadrons in two weeks, right?

Class: Milkmaid
Range: 20
Movement: 8
Attack: 0
Defense: 0
Endurance: 1
Special: Construction (1)
Cost: 5 + 8 + 4 + 1 = 18
Build one of these asap. (9)18

Class: Hive
Range: 24
Movement: 8
Attack: 0
Defense: 0
Endurance: 6
Special: Sensors, Fighters (3)
Cost: 36 + 48 + 24 + 80 = 188

Start construction of 2 of these, 10% on one of them, and 30% on the
other.
so (19)188, (59)188
(Can I do this?  Is there enough construction space?
The total of the four ships would be over 300, but not the amount spent
to-date.  If not, then build another Zinger asap, and don't bother
building
the Hives or the Milkmaid  yet, but keep the design in the books... no
design fee, right?)

Total Expenditure: 45 + 98 + 9 + 19 + 59 = 230
OR : 45 + 147 = 192

What interest rate do I get on banked money, if any?  I'm assuming none.
Also, where's Helvetica?  And could I get them to build ships for me at
my
cost?

----------  Advocatus Diaboli -- ccli@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca  -----------

"Vox, et Praeterea Nihil" - A Voice, and nothing more...
Disclaimer: Nothing I have said is necessarily said by me.

-- Play ultimate -- Play ultimate -- Play ultimate -- Play ultimate --

Prev: Thanks everyone! Next: Turn two orders.