Prev: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea... Next: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

More Bio Forces Ideas

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 03:24:12 +0000
Subject: More Bio Forces Ideas

     What I've been playing with (only mentally thus far: rules are
nowhere
to be seen), is the idea of my Biotech forces working in "Swarms".  Each
swarm consists of:
	One Leader.  The Brain, as it were.
	A whole bunch of worker and warriors.
	About a half dozen to a dozen "Couriers".

	The Brain is the only intelligent being in the swarm; the rest
are
merely automations.  The Brain uses pheremones to comand and control the
rank and file, and may directly command any figures within, say, 1 foot.
The brain will dispatch a courier (a small, fast creature) to deliver a
pheremone "packet" to any troops out of this radius.  For the sake of
efficency, troops out of direct command radius work in packs of between
four
and six individuals.  Troops will be essentially programmed by these
phermone signals, and will attempt to fulfill one specific task, unless
they
recieve new instructions.  Troops will have certain "pre-progammed"
current orders.  Troops who have been charged, for example, will fight
back,
rather than continuting to march to the other side of the hill.

	For figures I am intending to use the following:
		Brain--Either a GW Tyrannid warrior or a 28mm scale
Tyrannid
"Exocrine" tank made by Armorcast.  I haven't quite decided how big I
want
the brain bugs to be.  On the other hand, the brain could simply be off
board, as well....

		Workers--GW Genestealers.  Not ideal, but they have both
hands and cutting tools, so they'll do.

		Warriors--GW Termagants.  Nice figures, nice weapons.

		Couriers--Either some familiars (Basically 15mm
genestealers), or these things that look kinda like flying face-huggers,
from Necromunda.  Ripper jacks, I think they're called.  I'll probably
use
the latter.

	No, I'm not that fond of GW.  But, I want a consistant look to
the
forces, and I have a ton of 'em lying around....

	John Crimmins
	johncrim@voicenet.com