Prev: Sparship Troopers--Online Next: RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:42:49 GMT
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:34:18, "Phillip E. Pournelle"
<pepourne@nps.navy.mil> wrote:

>	As I've posted before under the title "Heinlein Arachnids"  we
know that
>the bugs in the book were not at all like the ones in the movie.
First,
>they were tool users (they build spaceships and had weapons).	Second,
>their soldier bugs were not that large (they are about the size of a
large
>dog), they used their numbers as their most effective weapon.

Okay, I may have some bugs for you! I mentioned a month ago about a
new toy called War Planets. They come in two sizes of packs, one with
a vehicle/robot and some figures and another with a base/fortress
playest and some more figures.

What you want to look for is the Ice Planet set. The Ice planet
critters came in two forms. One looked like an armoured tick with a
gun mounted on the top of it's carapace, while the other had a spider
like body, a vaguely reptillian head, and was holding two guns in its
front limbs. It also has a gem on its back that might be considered a
"brain." The ticks would be large dog size for 20 mm figures and might
even be passable in small 25mm. Most importantly, the large set has
between 8 and 10 figures for about C$15 (US$11). The smaller set, with
the vehicles, is C$8.

This might do for your purposes. You can check them out at a local
Toys R' Us.

Allan Goodall  -  agoodall@sympatico.ca

"The secret rules of engagement are hard to endorse,
 when the appearance of conflict meets the appearance of force"
		       - The Tragically Hip

Prev: Sparship Troopers--Online Next: RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...