Prev: Re: 10mm ALIENS ! Next: DS2/SG2/BDS References

Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@t...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:47:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

> To:		 "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu>
> Subject:	 Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy
Idea....
> Date: 	 Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:23:07 -0500
> From: 	 Andy Cowell <cowell@user.icx.net>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

> In message <346938C1.9F570DE5@csd.uwm.edu>, "Mark A. Siefert" writes:
> >
> >	When we started talking about scenarios, I hit them with an idea
that
> > they really would like:  Capturing the Brain Bug.  This scenario is
>
> On gaming SST, didn't the whole compound scene seem very "Zulu" to
anyone
> else?
>

> --
> Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@icx.net>
> Systems Administrator, Internet Design Group, Inc.
> http://www.internet-design.com/
> http://www.icx.net/

What I want to know is why send youngsters to die armed with weapons
that obviously had little effect on the bugs.  And hadn't anyone
given any thought to a proper perimeter defense (claymores would have
been extremely effective it seems to me!!)  - the director and
the producers obviously avoided having any military personnel as
advisors - didn't want to sully their "vision" of the project!!

KR

Prev: Re: 10mm ALIENS ! Next: DS2/SG2/BDS References