Prev: Bio-forces, G'Kar, and combined arms Next: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea....

Re: Opinions on The Complete Wargames Handbook?

From: TEHughes@a...
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:41:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Opinions on The Complete Wargames Handbook?

<< Any have any comments on this old book? I sit worth tracking down? It
seems
 to be one of the few that was ever translated into Japanese, so I tend
think
 it must have been worthwhile...

 If it is, anyone know where I could get a copy ( yes I know about
Amazon.com's
 second hand book service)?

 The Complete Wargames Handbook :
 How to Play, Design, and Find Them
 by James F. Dunnigan

Yes, I have an old copy around here somewhere, but NO don't buy it.
It's not
bad for giving an overview of gaming to the unintiated, but for anyone
who
plays more than a few games, its way too simple. If I remember right, it
has
a whole chapter that explains that you need statistics to do war games.

Tom Hughes

Prev: Bio-forces, G'Kar, and combined arms Next: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea....