Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Review--game stuff added to keep it on topic Next: Re:STARSHIP TROOPERS

Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: Michael Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 17:07:11 -0800
Subject: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

At 6:20 PM +0000 11/6/97, campbelr@dns.kunsan.af.mil wrote:
>Mark: quite beating around the bush and tell us how you REALY feel
>about the movie.......
>  ;)
>
>Randy

I can summarize the movie very easily:

	       GAMES WORKSHOP
		 The Movie

or the simplest review possible: see it as a matinee in a good theatre.
I can't recommend this for full price, but you MUST see this on as
large a screen as possible and with THX sound.

and a bit of spoiler space for some more detailed comments

just think of it as Tyranids vs. Imperial Guard and you have the movie.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some former Studio people from GW
worked on the film.

If it were acually Space Marines, they have had the powered armor. And
grenades. Come to think of it, almost everybody uses grenades more than
they did in the movie. I mean seriously folks, when the bugs are
climbing over the walls on the backs of their own dead, you have an
excellent grenade opportunity. The over-under rifle grenades, and hand
grenades were each used, but only once if I recall correctly.

Anyway, it's a comic book. But what the heck, I liked Judge Dredd too.
I'll probably see this in the theatres again. Do see it, but don't
expect it to be on  par with Babylon 5, more like Voyager. And anyone
who plays 40K or Space Marine is obligated to see it.

Michael Carter Llaneza	  http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers Review--game stuff added to keep it on topic Next: Re:STARSHIP TROOPERS