Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: <offtopic> Hobby shops in Boston </offtopic>

Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 08:27:15 +0000
Subject: Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

I did NOT write this. As a matter of fact I have no hangups at all
about the coed bit in the movie.

> Mike Wikan wrote:
> ----------

> > >	4.  OK, not only do men and women fight with one another (which
> don't
> > > have a problem with as long as the women can met the physical
demands

> > > also directed the equal poor "Showgirls."
>
> For all that you claim Viking ancestry, your reactions are very
American...

> The Royal Swedish Navy has male as well as female professional
personnel -
> one of my former class mates (female) worked as a commisioned Naval
officer
> for two years. Many barracks and bases, and certainly most of the
smaller
> ships, have only one set of showers... My class mate told me that the
> (conscripted) youngsters of her crew usually got over their
embarrasment
> after a while :-/
>
> Similarly, the Saunas at my school (KTH, the Royal Institute of
Technology,
> Sweden) tend to have a single (un)dressing room, used by both men and
women
> - at the same time. If people feel uncomfortable by showing themselves
> naked, well, most towels cover the essentials... and if they're
embarrassed
> by seeing _others_ naked, don't look. Or try to :-/
>
> Not sure if the American sexual mores will change in the future, but
you
> don't have to look to the future to see similar thing!
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
> What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: <offtopic> Hobby shops in Boston </offtopic>