Prev: RE: Bio-Forces Next: Full Thrust players in Houston, Texas

RE: Bio-Forces

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 12:07:41
Subject: RE: Bio-Forces

At 02:12 PM 11/5/97 -0000, tim jones wrote:

>Another interesting idea is speed. As in Aliens speed made them
>very nasty as it allowed them to get into effective range
>before you could whack them. In the book by Larry Niven
>'Legacy Of Heroroot' (sp) he designed a super fast armoured
>beastie that could do about 0-60 in 1 second, which meant
>even if you had guns it was on you before you knew it.
>
>It had super oxygenated blood that allowed it to have
>bursts of tremendous speed. If you then had superior
>numbers then I think the force would be effective, even
>if it just had claws and acid sprays. Image a	WW1
>trench attack where one side could run at 100mph, nasty.

	The Grendel is a nasty creature.  The physiology was designed by
Niven,
the Psychology by Steven Barnes and the surrounding biology by
Pournelle.
The super ogynating system known as speed exists in more than just the
Grendels as the sequel describes some other rather nasty creatures...

Prev: RE: Bio-Forces Next: Full Thrust players in Houston, Texas