Prev: Re: SV: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: RE: Bio-Forces

RE: Bio-Forces

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 12:02:09
Subject: RE: Bio-Forces

At 09:23 AM 11/5/97 -0000, you wrote:
> [...]

DS2

>> weapons. Again, this seemed to streach reality beyond the breaking
point

>> (how much food do you need to eat to produce a 100 megawat energy
beam? How

>> far can you throw your quills?).<<

	In the case of Robert Heinlein's Arachnids, they were tool users
and di
build things.  In a specific line Johnny Rico notes that creatures
generally don't build spaceships out of instinct.  We also know that he
gets shot at by the warrior bugs as well.  So now you have the best of
both
worlds...

Prev: Re: SV: SV: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: RE: Bio-Forces